Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 being scratched even when inside bomb proof case?

So I bought an iPhone 11 for the soul purpose of using it entirely for work. As a motorcycle courier, I kept the phone inside a GIVI case at all times and only open it when I'm home so I can change power banks. Yesterday, I decided to remove the phone from the GIVI case and to my astonishment I find the glass has already been covered with scratches, including one deep scratch on the front!

This is my first iPhone and I just wanted to ask the community if having such delicate glass is an issue with previous generations?

Have a nice day, everyone! I look forward to reading your responses!

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 2:21 AM

I find it ironic that a product which has been manufactured to protect the phone by one of the worlds leading motorcycle accessory companies is the root cause of damage. This being true, I feel like the issue lies more with the durability of the iPhone 11's glass as I previously stated that my previous phones were in immaculate condition.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2019 2:21 AM in response to Yer_Man

I find it ironic that a product which has been manufactured to protect the phone by one of the worlds leading motorcycle accessory companies is the root cause of damage. This being true, I feel like the issue lies more with the durability of the iPhone 11's glass as I previously stated that my previous phones were in immaculate condition.

Oct 11, 2019 8:54 AM in response to Appoloin

Yes, well it's either 'one of the world's leading motorcycle accessory companies', which sounds really impressive, I'm sure, or one of the world's leading mobile device manufacturers, which sounds, I'll argue, at least as impressive, ironical or not.

Feel as you wish, but I'm afraid that the variable here is the "protective" case.

Oct 13, 2019 11:55 AM in response to Appoloin

The picture of the back looks like it’s got oils on it and not wiped well so the oils smeared versus cleaning. Or...it was wiped with a fabric that it shouldn’t have been. Not scratches from a poor glass. Not sure about your case (not familiar with it) but what you’re showing looks like handling versus defective. Don’t see that kind of damage to my son Red iPhone 11 and he has it in a Otterbox that is open in the front and allows dust particles to get between the case and phone. I remove it once a week to thoroughly clean and wipe with a micro fiber cloth...none of the extensive swirls or marks yours show and no scratches from the dust/dirt particles. No issues on either 11 pro Max in the house also. Otterbox folio cases for those. All 3 use a cheap screen protector (not a glass one). Actually never had a scratch or damage to my iPhones in the past either. Similar or same cases on each model.

iPhone 11 being scratched even when inside bomb proof case?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.