Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I remove an audiobook from Books in Catalina it does not delete it from my iPod Classic when synced on my iMac

If I remove an audiobook from Books in Catalina it does not delete it from my iPod Classic when synced on my iMac. Am I doing something wrong or is this a flaw in the software. It works OK the other way if I add an audiobook to Books and sync it appears on my iPod OK.

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 7:33 AM

One would think that it would be removed automatically, but perhaps you needed to change the sync options first to unsync it, then remove. So many users have been caught out by automatic removal of content when they didn't want it that perhaps Apple have changed their strategy. You can access the device in Finder and use Manage Storage... to manually delete content from it.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2019 7:33 AM in response to Steveqae

One would think that it would be removed automatically, but perhaps you needed to change the sync options first to unsync it, then remove. So many users have been caught out by automatic removal of content when they didn't want it that perhaps Apple have changed their strategy. You can access the device in Finder and use Manage Storage... to manually delete content from it.

tt2

If I remove an audiobook from Books in Catalina it does not delete it from my iPod Classic when synced on my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.