Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 21 inch mac just updated to high sierra 10.13.6 i now cannot upload photos from my sd card into photos on the imac. My sd card shows up on the hard drive and can open up but as soon as i try to import it goes through the motion then nothing

i have just upgraded to high sierra on my iMac. Previously i would put my sd card in from the camera the photo app on mac would open and i would select what new photos to import and they imported onto my photo library. Since updating i can see my sd card on the desktop and open it and see the pictures ready to import. as soon as i try to import them it goes through the motion then no photos are imported. Every time i upgrade to another operating system its always an issue. I have left my upgrade to this version until now as hopefully all the problems would have been sorted but no!!!!!!Can anyone throw some light on the subject as apple do not seem to want to bother. TIA.

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 8:38 AM

Do you get any error message or additional info about the inability to import your photos? How full is your volume that contains your Photos library? And how full is your SD card?

Try a safe boot and then another normal boot -- any better?

Try creating a second account and see if it works. If it does then try exporting a photo, logging into original account and try importing that same photo (not the one from the SD card but the one that you put on a place that both accounts can access like the Public folder of second account).

Good luck...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2019 8:38 AM in response to freddiefox

Do you get any error message or additional info about the inability to import your photos? How full is your volume that contains your Photos library? And how full is your SD card?

Try a safe boot and then another normal boot -- any better?

Try creating a second account and see if it works. If it does then try exporting a photo, logging into original account and try importing that same photo (not the one from the SD card but the one that you put on a place that both accounts can access like the Public folder of second account).

Good luck...

I have a 21 inch mac just updated to high sierra 10.13.6 i now cannot upload photos from my sd card into photos on the imac. My sd card shows up on the hard drive and can open up but as soon as i try to import it goes through the motion then nothing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.