Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing photos from memory card to photos app

Since I purchased my new MacBook Pro, I'm having this problem: I import photographs from my memory card into Photos. I then try to add info, make enhancements, adjustments, etc and I immediately get this message

Missing File

Photos with unavailable original files cannot be opened...etc

What is different with this computer than the old one? I'm doing the same thing I always did.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 1:13 PM

It could be that the memory card was removed before the import was completed. Try reimporting and wait a longer time.

Also, try importing to your desktop and from there importing into the Photos app. If the photos on your desktop open in the Preview app on your Mac, that would show that the import completed.

If still no luck, the next step would be a library repair.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 1:13 PM in response to bernie136

It could be that the memory card was removed before the import was completed. Try reimporting and wait a longer time.

Also, try importing to your desktop and from there importing into the Photos app. If the photos on your desktop open in the Preview app on your Mac, that would show that the import completed.

If still no luck, the next step would be a library repair.

-- Rich

importing photos from memory card to photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.