Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terrible quality 4K HDR movies through Apple TV

Hi

I've got a problem that I haven't been able to resolve when using my Philips 50PUS6703 with HDR content from my Apple TV 4K.  The problem is particularly bad when using 4K HDR movies that I have purchased via Apple.

For example, see the images below from "Serenity" for an idea of what I mean.  The definition in the dark errors is terrible, with banding and pixelation all over the place.

I've tried adjusting the Chroma settings in the ATV, and have played around with everything I can think of but just can't get it looking any good.  HDR content from Netflix via the Apple TV is miles better, so I've got no idea what the problem is here. My connection speed is fine, and as I say content from other providers is nowhere near as bad.

Is there a compatibility issue between my TV and the ATV?

Any help appreciated, this has been driving me mad for some time!

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 12:56 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Terrible quality 4K HDR movies through Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.