Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening a second music library using the Music app

I've tried switching to another iTunes library in Catalina using the same process I used with iTunes (holding the option key to open Music) and documented in a recent article for Catalina. Trying to open the second library fails to open it in Music but shows me the folder structure in the correct library. I've read that this was an earlier bug in Catalina where Music would only support a single library on conversion. Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 1:52 PM

I’ve spent about 4 hours on the phone over 4 calls with Apple support. They claimed to know of no issue initially and tried some fixes that would highlight local problems. Eventually they gave up, decided it’s a Catalina system issue, referred to engineers. Possible OS update when fixed ........

Similar questions

1 reply

Opening a second music library using the Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.