Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running Mojave under Parallels on Catalina

I have been running Catalina on a test system. Overall, it is working well for me. On my production system, I run Windows 10 via Parallels for programs I need but without a MacOS version. The latest version of Parallels is Mojave compatible.

I still have a few programs under MacOS that have not been ported to 64 bit versions, but the vendors says they will be. It dawned on me that I could run Mojave under parallels for these programs.

Does anyone see a snag for this solution?

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 8:49 PM

6 replies

Oct 13, 2019 1:01 PM in response to tbirdvet

It does work fine. I paid for an additional license for Parallels, which is far less than full price.

1. Created a Parallels version of macOS Mojave on my Mojave system using the Recovery Partition approach. This saves a lot of work and is a key step.
  2. Installed Parallels on my Catalina test system using the new license.
  3. Opened the macOS Mojave virtual machine and installed the new Parallels tools. Restarted the macOS VM.
  4. Installed the 32bit apps on the Mojave VM.

They ran correctly. This confirms that the approach works.

Running Mojave under Parallels on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.