Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Are there different versions of Parellels? I use a late 2013 Imac 27 on Catalina 10.15.7

I want to install a version of Parallels that will run on Cat 10.15.7, and work with Windows 10. Are there different versions available, or does the latest version always work? I run a MMORPG game (Elder Scrolls Online, or ESO), Been playing for years, but the next Expansion of the Game won't run on Catalina. My options are to either 1: Downgrade to a previous OS (sounds like it takes a complete wipe to reinstall an earlier system, or 2: Install a version of Parallels, and run the windows version of ESO on Windows 10 (recommended).

I use this Late 2013 27" iMac, because at the time, it had the fastest video system. Any Advise? ("Get a new life" will not be considered :) )

Thanks for any Info!

Jim

iMac Pro (2017)

Posted on May 2, 2023 8:32 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 2, 2023 9:00 AM in response to Jim King

but mind you a virtual machine does not access the 3d features of ones video card so gaming performance will not impress.

"My options are to either 1: Downgrade to a previous OS"

also if it's a new version then it usually works like that it will not run on Catalina and older macOS version but only on newer macOS versions.

Are there different versions of Parellels? I use a late 2013 Imac 27 on Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.