Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts crash on IOS 13

since updating my Iphone 6s to IOS 13 any app which is allowed to access contacts crashes when I click on anything related to contacts in the apps like Whatsapp and Telegram.

for example, when I click on users name in whatsapp to see users info, whatsapp crashes and in telegram clicking on users icon doesn’t do anything.

also contacts app itself crashes and can only be fixed temporary via restart which also crashes again in the second or third attempt.

I also tried to access my contacts through Phone (the app) ,but it crashed as well.

I’ve been having this issue since upgrading to IOS 13 and it’s so frustrating I hope they fix it ASAP.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 11:04 AM

Rezakhoshzaban,

Thanks for the additional information.

Next, remove the Contacts app then install it back: Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

If you're still having the same issues after that step, reach out to Apple Support: Contact Apple Support

Enjoy.

5 replies

Oct 16, 2019 4:17 PM in response to Rezakhoshzaban

Hello Rezakhoshzaban,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that when accessing anything related to contacts, the app will unexpectedly quit. I'll help in any way I can.

Here are some suggestions:

Take care.

Oct 21, 2019 12:02 AM in response to raina_b22

I have the same issue. Contacts randomly crashing after upgrading my iphone6s to iOS 13.

I have google account contacts.

None of the suggestions above help. I just updated to 13.1.3 and still have the issue.

the only workaround that works (for a little while) is:

• settings->passwords&accounts->gmail->disable contacts slide button->"delete from my iPhone"
  • open contacts app -> should open and be empty
  • settings->passwords&accounts->gmail->enable contacts slide button
  • open contacts app -> should open and start showing your contacts again

The above workaround only works for a little while (e.g., in under 10 minutes today contacts started crashing again) and is unacceptable since I can't make a phone call when contacts crash, and I can't even use this workaround if I don't have internet access.

Apple, please fix this.

Oct 25, 2019 5:00 AM in response to MichelleT18

Thank you!

I contacted the support team & they told me to reset my settings and it solved the issue!

my phone runs way more smoother now too!

all you have to do is to go to:

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset all settings

this will only reset your settings like ringtone and wallpaper and it doesn't erase any content from your phone just passwords and wifi info!

Contacts crash on IOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.