Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to connect iphone to macos catalina

hello,

i cant connect my iphone 11 to macbook pro macos catalina,

i cant see the phone to the finder

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 8:06 PM

Hi libitgeo,

It sounds like you're having some trouble connecting your iPhone to your Mac, and I want to help.

Check out these steps that can help when your iPhone isn't detected by your Mac:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2019 8:06 PM in response to libitgeo

Hi libitgeo,

It sounds like you're having some trouble connecting your iPhone to your Mac, and I want to help.

Check out these steps that can help when your iPhone isn't detected by your Mac:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Jan 31, 2020 5:10 AM in response to sarahfromsunnyside

This happened to me last night; the computer said I needed to reset the phone to factory. I was suspicious, and called Apple Support, who indicated that my iMac needed a version update (no notice of a software update had come in to the computer, btw). I also found that there was a software update for my iPhone (also that had not yet been served to the phone). Once I updated everything, I was back in business. It was very frustrating, though -- and annoying that the original error message would have been totally unnecessary.

unable to connect iphone to macos catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.