Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Echo on speaker calls iphone 11

Hi, either when i call some one or some one call me when i am using spekear if it not iphone the other person hear there self, if bith person have iphone 11 which is my case both hear themself with the echo... How to fix???

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 6:44 AM

Hello Wilson1002,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with speakerphone calls, and I'd like to do what I can to help out.

Are you using a case on your iPhone? If so, remove the case and test. If a case is not fitting correctly, it can cause issues with the speaker and microphone.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker has some additional troubleshooting steps.

Cheers!

291 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2019 6:44 AM in response to Wilson1002

Hello Wilson1002,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with speakerphone calls, and I'd like to do what I can to help out.

Are you using a case on your iPhone? If so, remove the case and test. If a case is not fitting correctly, it can cause issues with the speaker and microphone.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker has some additional troubleshooting steps.

Cheers!

Oct 25, 2019 8:32 PM in response to Wilson1002

No it’s not true even without case the issue exists. Try to place you hands near speakers or keep phone in vertical position near to any surface. The feedback is heard by the caller to your phone - it’s iPhone 11 design issue I guess. Very soon people will realize this issue because the issue is. It easily known by iPhone 11 holders until the callers keep complaining and the problem can only be replicated when we keep the phone on speaker - cases will worsen the issue without case you can still hear echo.

Apple please correct this major flaw!!

Oct 27, 2019 9:20 PM in response to VR80

Yes!! You are correct. I have same issue, every person I called told me that they hear their voice back. I went to apple store and they are saying there is no problem after diagnosis. It is a manufactured problem. Mic is picking the other callers voice. I never had this problem with my previous apple phones,

Apple please correct this issue!!!!

Oct 31, 2019 3:37 PM in response to Wilson1002

Following because I have had the same problem. Wish they would address this. Can’t find anything about it online.

I got a new case and that helped. But occasionally info cove the holes or have hand in the wrong place or an object by speakers it happens too. I took it into Apple but they said everything is working fine with the phone. Definitely a design flaw. Frustrating because I use speaker phone a lot.

Nov 3, 2019 9:56 AM in response to Wilson1002

I also have the same problem with 11 pro. I can hear my voice echo when i’m talking in a video call with someone and also on speaker. My husband has the same 11 pro but not the echo problem. And also both have the same cases so i don’t think this is from the case or software. I think it’s a hardware problem. A lot of money paid on this iphone and it already has problems...

Nov 6, 2019 1:41 PM in response to Wilson1002

My wife and I both just got new iphone 11's. The callers voice comes back to them if I have them on speaker. I doesn't do this if I use it to my ear or if on blue tooth in the car. Only when I am using speaker. We've tried several trouble shooting ideas to solve. I even thought is was an Otterbox issue but no. It's the iphone. Lowering the volume sometimes helps

I hope Apple comes up with a fix.

Feb 13, 2020 5:45 PM in response to jseaver

The fix for almost all with this issue is to upgrade to iOS 13.3.1. Every person I personally know with an 11 Pro Max or 11 Pro who had this issue had it fixed by the latest iOS update.

For those for whom this is not a fix, I recommend a visit to your local Apple Store Genius Bar to have your phone examined, as there are hardware issues (as well as issues with cases) that can cause a similar issue.

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Apr 21, 2020 4:57 PM in response to MNTMEM

I've been following this thread for months. I think I've found the solution (for me, at least). I bought the Apple case and it seems to have fixed it. It leaves the mic and speaker completely open. (I noticed when the case was off it didn't echo. I also noticed that when the case was off and the bottom was touching my sweatshirt it echoed). I don't love the way it kind of leaves the bottom a little more vulnerable, but it seems to have done the trick. It's worth $40 at least to see if that's the issue.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MWYK2ZM/A/iphone-11-pro-clear-case?fnode=99&fs=f%3Diphone11pro-iphone11promax%26fh%3D458b%252B4bb5%252B4bb6

Good luck...

Nov 26, 2019 7:09 AM in response to Wilson1002

Just so all of you know, I'n not posting this out of spite, but rather to provide knowledge for people that spend their hard-earned money for a reputable product.

I have had multiple issues with my iPhone 11 Pro (can't say anything for iPhone 11 model) - and I have had parts replaced AND had the phone replaced. Some issues are as follows (Likely manufacturing problems that Apple can not circumvent):

• Intense Lens Flaring - It's not just you. It is most models of iPhone 11 Pro. In low-light and regular lighting conditions you will have "ghost" images that appear on your screen (and get captured in photos) when a light of medium-high intensity is in the frame. You cannot do anything about it. Apple will not help you on this issue. I've tried.
  • Speaker phone feedback - You will not hear a difference in you phone calls with friends and family when on a speaker call. They will. Every user on all models of my iPhone 11 Pros have heard themselves speaking (feedback) to the point they lose concentration and have to start a new call

I'm hoping that someone can make us feel like we put our money in the right place. But no one has been able to. I love my Apple products when they are functioning as expected.

Dec 8, 2019 4:21 AM in response to Wilson1002

We have (me and my wife) IP11 and we experience this issue as well. Echo during a voice conversation. 

What I know so far:

1. This is not the case issue (tried to remove the phone from the case)
  2. This is not device microphone problem (echoing on AirPods also) 
  3. This is a too-loud volume issue (experiencing this also on lowered volume)
  4. This is not a noise reduction option issue (i tried to turn it off)

FAST SOLUTION:

We found that this problem staring to exist and become more perceptible in a matter of time, so to fix this you need to TURN ON->TURN OFF FLIGHT MODE. This helps for 12-24hours. After that time echo is starting to be more and more hearable. 

If you experience this issue please write in this thread- Apple MUST react. 

Echo on speaker calls iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.