Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop not working with MacOS Catalina

ever since I downloaded Catalina, I'm unable to airdrop photos from my MacBook to my iPhone. I've never had any trouble before. I airdropped stuff--with no problem--literally, an hour before I updated my MacOS. Since I updated, anything I attempt to Airdrop says it's sending and says that it Sent, but where it's allegedly sending is unknown. I looked in my Files app and they aren't there. Before this update, anytime I airdropped photos, that went straight into my camera roll.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 6:58 AM

Yes, we tried everything and all the 'tips' had no effect. Then I found the issue for us. Wile before Catalina I could drop any document without a problem, after the Catalina Upgrade the filenames are no longer allowed to contain special signs like é or ë and so on.

In my case Airdrop would act normally and when almost finished it would stop without noticing what the error was.

Try to rename your files. And again, there was no issue with 10.14 so I think it is a bug in 10.15

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2019 6:58 AM in response to StephenWilliam

Yes, we tried everything and all the 'tips' had no effect. Then I found the issue for us. Wile before Catalina I could drop any document without a problem, after the Catalina Upgrade the filenames are no longer allowed to contain special signs like é or ë and so on.

In my case Airdrop would act normally and when almost finished it would stop without noticing what the error was.

Try to rename your files. And again, there was no issue with 10.14 so I think it is a bug in 10.15

Oct 18, 2019 10:51 AM in response to Willieipa

I’ve discovered that mine is an issue with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. I’ve discovered it’s because there isn’t the extension saved when saving photos. If you manually add the extension to the saved photo name (.jpg .psd...etc) it will AirDrop just fine. Adobe apparently knows about this and is working on a fix. They prefer people wait i

until the fix is in place before upgrading to MacOS Catalina.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/10/08/minor-lightroom-and-photoshop-bugs-pop-up-in-macos-catalina

AirDrop not working with MacOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.