Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Catalina quicktime serious bug recording screen

Hi. Yesterday (after upgrading to macos Catalina) i recorder the screen using quicktime. The rec was about 1h, after that i pressed the stop button on the upper menubar.

Nothing was saved and i was unable to find the video on macos.

I did the same thing today. About 3 h trying lost.

I fear there a serious bug on the new quicktime screen recording feature.

Anyone else?

iMac Pro

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 6:25 AM

Similar questions

22 replies

Dec 19, 2019 7:16 AM in response to Gilean

I have the same problem on both an iMac Pro and also a Mac Mini since upgrading to Catalina.

It is an intermittent problem. It sometimes works correctly, sometimes truncates the recording and sometimes does not offer to save when the Stop button is pressed.

Is there an ETA on when a fix from Apple will be available?

Dec 19, 2019 11:12 AM in response to dlhwc

Here is the log info. Hopefully this is helpful.

Dec 19 13:18:45 MacMini QuickTime Player[11111]: assertion failed: 19C57: libxpc.dylib + 91878 [AC9AD00D-BAA9-3ABC-B557-77E604CF9955]: 0x89

Dec 19 13:18:47 MacMini QuickTime Player[11111]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: dispatch source activated with no event handler set; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug

Dec 26, 2019 9:56 PM in response to Gilean

I can't use record screen at all! When I launch QuickTime, first the audio cuts out (and I've checked the settings and it's using the internal MacBook microphone and my speakers are set to MacBook internal speakers). Secondly, the recording timer appears in the touch bar for about 2 seconds, then disappears. Nothing is recorded and I have to relaunch the application I want to record to get the sound back.

I'm also having problems with streaming videos just stopping. Only way to get them to work again is reboot the MacBook. I watch A LOT of streaming content. It's getting very annoying! Don't know if the two things are related or not.

I have a MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2018 running Catalina 10.15.2. QuickTime was also updated to QT for Catalina.

MacOS Catalina quicktime serious bug recording screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.