Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I do to restart the transfer process? I cancelled the first attempt because I needed my old phone...

I just received my new phone and when i was syncing data from my old phone, i stopped the process to use my old phone for a minute. Do i have to restore my new phone to begin that process again? Or, is there another way to restart the transfer?

Thanks in advance

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 6:39 AM

Hello Garagehippy,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities,

I understand that you are wanting to determine the best way to complete a transfer of data to your new iPhone. It is not possible to restart and begin where the last transfer left off. The following guide details how to start a new transfer:

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2019 6:39 AM in response to Garagehippy

Hello Garagehippy,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities,

I understand that you are wanting to determine the best way to complete a transfer of data to your new iPhone. It is not possible to restart and begin where the last transfer left off. The following guide details how to start a new transfer:

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best regards.

What do I do to restart the transfer process? I cancelled the first attempt because I needed my old phone...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.