Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Cloud

Hi I pay monthly for I cloud space yet I had to delete photos on my IPhone so I could take more photos can you explain why?

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 2:11 PM

iCloud storage is not a substitute for storage on the phone but can help if you use iCloud Photos and its Optimize iPhone Storage option. See the following from About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

You can make storage space available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage. Or you can remove content from your apps—like photos, music, and Podcasts—or delete the apps that you're not using.

and: Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2019 2:11 PM in response to Mariangela_ca

iCloud storage is not a substitute for storage on the phone but can help if you use iCloud Photos and its Optimize iPhone Storage option. See the following from About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

You can make storage space available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage. Or you can remove content from your apps—like photos, music, and Podcasts—or delete the apps that you're not using.

and: Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

I Cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.