Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t add photos to existing photo albums

ever since I downloaded the iOS 13 operating system to my Apple iPhone 8+ the “add to“ icon has disappeared from my photos so I can’t take a new photo and add to an existing photo album like I used to be able to. Why can’t I do this anymore?

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 6:06 PM

I called Apple support and they helped me figure it out. It was so easy I felt dumb. After you select your pictures click on the icon shaped like a box with an arrow pointing up. Then scroll UP! You will see more options to select specific albums that already exist to drop your pictures into. Let me know if that worked for you!!!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2019 6:06 PM in response to esthercyp

I called Apple support and they helped me figure it out. It was so easy I felt dumb. After you select your pictures click on the icon shaped like a box with an arrow pointing up. Then scroll UP! You will see more options to select specific albums that already exist to drop your pictures into. Let me know if that worked for you!!!

Oct 18, 2019 12:50 PM in response to justmeJP1966

Hello justmeJP1966,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to add photos to existing albums and organize your pictures in the Photos app on your iPhone as expected. To help with this, please make sure you're following the steps in this Apple resource on this process:

Organize photos in albums on iPhone

Cheers!

Can’t add photos to existing photo albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.