Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Requests to access my wi-fi keychain

Well, first of all, when I click on 'remember this wi-fi address' ... it never does. I have to re-enter the wi-fi address every time I log on. That used to be my only problem with logging on to my wi-fi.

But I did something a couple of months ago ... trying to fix the first problem ... sorry, I've forgotten what it was I did. I've just been living with ...

I get pop-ups, seems random to me, happens maybe every half hour or so??? ...

There are at least three different pop-ups:

1.) AdobeResourceSynchronizer wants to use my 'wi-fi access keychain'

2.) sharingd wants to use the wi-fi keychain

3.) Spotlight wants to use my wi-fi keychain

Sometimes I hit cancel. Sometimes I fill in the password for wi-fi. I don't notice any subsequent difference, either way.

How can I stop these pop-ups? [AND ... I'd sure like to be able to lock in the wi-fi password with 'remember'.

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 5:49 PM

Hi David,

Have you changed your eMail password lately?

Open Keychain Access in Utilities, then either check the Password under that item, change it, or delete it and start over.

Enter the wifi name in the search bar.

You may have duplicate or more entries in Keychain Access.

Similar questions

14 replies

Oct 13, 2019 6:20 PM in response to BDAqua

I have not changed eMail password.

In Keychain Access I find three items: AirPort; ARRIS- ....-5G; "Easton wifi access"

All three Kind are 'application password'.

Both ARRIS and Easton show the same password that I use to access my wifi router.

The ARRIS-- was modified 23 July 2018

The Easton wifi access was modified 22 Sept 2019. SHOULD I DELETE THIS ONE?

Oct 18, 2019 10:13 AM in response to BDAqua

Wow! Thanks. Hallelujah!

Finally.

Easy. It was easy.

I can only presume that what I did was correct since I no longer have the pop-ups asking me for passwords.

I deleted the 'references' but not the 'files'.

When I did so, the 'Easton wi-fi' icon changed then automatically to 'iCloud'.

I'm still curious about what the 'login' list is about ... but, enough already.

THANK YOU!

Oct 18, 2019 4:36 PM in response to BDAqua

Keychain Access has, on the far left, a list under "Keychains". In order they are login / iCloud / System / System Roots.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm not quite all the way through. I'm no longer getting those intermittent pop-ups asking for password. But ... this lap top still does not remember the wifi password. Despite that I have 'remember' checked.

Oct 19, 2019 7:07 PM in response to BDAqua

In Keychain Access under Keychains "login", and under Categories "Password" -- I deleted the "application password" for my wifi.

I then re-started.

There seems to be no change. I still had to enter the wifi password. And it then connected normally to wifi. I still have 'remember password' checked ... but it doesn't remember.

I also just checked to see what was in Keychains "iCloud" and Categories "Passwords". I did a search for ARRIS (the start of the wifi name) and up popped Name: "AirPort", Kind: application password; Date Modified: 19, Sept 2019 several hours ago. 

Should I delete that also?

Oct 21, 2019 8:58 AM in response to BDAqua

I am now at a different wi-fi (at home, not work). When I log on the wifi goes to "THERMOSTAT.xxxxx" which I don't know anything about. (The thermostat we has the wifi option disabled.)

So then I run down the list of available wifi and find the correct one.

When I click on it, I am directly connected. No password to fill in.

Does this indicate any solution to the problems with remembering password for the wifi at work?

I did not change my logon password (and do not want to).

Requests to access my wi-fi keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.