Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel Panic

I had lot of issues with Kernel panics and usually I got a message about "Unable to access SDD" or something like that. I found out through one of the forums that resetting PRAMS works. Also I changed the power setting to uncheck "Put hard disk to sleep".

However I am again facing issue post the most recent OS upgrade to Catalina. Below are the logs. Can someone please help debugging this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 9:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 10:17 PM

Me too, I am getting too many sudden shutdown, and I get an error report that I routinely send to apple, this is part of what the report say;

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

com.apple.driver.watchdog

catalina has been a miserable upgrade, and the problem is you can't go back!!

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 10:17 PM in response to chupito

Me too, I am getting too many sudden shutdown, and I get an error report that I routinely send to apple, this is part of what the report say;

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

com.apple.driver.watchdog

catalina has been a miserable upgrade, and the problem is you can't go back!!

Nov 27, 2019 3:36 PM in response to Barney-15E

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f9883cad5): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 140 seconds

service: com.apple.logd, total successful checkins since load (1040 seconds ago): 105, last successful checkin: 0 seconds ago

service: com.apple.WindowServer, total successful checkins since load (1010 seconds ago): 87, last successful checkin: 140 seconds ago

Kernel Panic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.