Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina / cannot print / 'Filter' failed

I have an OKI c610 LED color printer which worked just fine before the Catalina upgrade. From whatever application I print the printer driver window shows the printed file coming in, with underneath " Printing - Filter Failed" followed by " Stopped - 'Filter' failed, <#> pages " after a couple of seconds.

Latest Mac OS Catalina on a 27" iMac Late 2014.

Only way I can print now is to go directly into the web-server of the printer and upload a PDF, but man - that is annoying and way too complicated.

Also have the latest OKI Postscript driver installed. As said, the printer worked just fine before...

Reset the Printer System as well, did not do anything.

Grrr.

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 8:16 AM

Today I checked the OKI site again and to my surprise a new driver for Catalina was available...

https://www.oki.com/us/printing/support/drivers-and-utilities/?id=FZ8001-8014&tab=drivers-and-utilities&productCategory=color&sku=62446701&os=ab55&lang=ac2

Can finally print again!

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 18, 2019 4:43 PM in response to Michiel Van Der Velden

Hey Michiel Van Der Velden,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're getting an error when trying to print. I definitely understand need to be able to print without issue, and I'm happy to help.

I recommend taking a look at the link below for steps to take when you can't print from your Mac.

If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device

If the issue continues, contact the printer manufacturer for further support:

Contact Us OKI Data Americas

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Catalina / cannot print / 'Filter' failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.