Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Tv App Sync

Hi everybody !

With the macOs Catalina now we can use appletv app in the MacBook. If I import a movie from my local documents(non apple movie) into appletv app, can I see this movie in the Apple TV device's archive when I shut down my MacBook ? Simply, Can ı sync my appletv app archive of Macbook with the Apple TV device ?

Thank you

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 7:21 AM

No, that is not how it works.

Apple TV is a streaming device, and will need to get its content live over the network.

For Home Sharing, the computer with the source files must be on, sharing, and connected.

6 replies

Oct 20, 2019 9:13 AM in response to carterhead

I am confused. On my AppleTV device, iPad, and iPhone, the AppleTV APP lists like 30 shows that I watch from Hulu, HBO, CBS All Access, etc. and it shows them in the "Watch Now/Up Next" section, usually automatically identifying the next episode to watch. When I open the AppleTV APP on my Mac in Catalina, NONE of that information shows up under the "Watch Now/Up Next" section. The only thing there is a previously purchased TV show. I have logged out and back in to the app but no change. Strangely though if I scroll to the bottom it does show one season of a show from CBS All Access (Strange Angel) and one episode from Hulu (Catch 22) under the Recently Watched" section. I thought the point of bringing the AppleTV APP to the Mac in Catalina was to be able to track and watch shows on your Mac that you had been watching on the app in other devices. Why is this not working

Oct 21, 2019 10:00 AM in response to MinnakBebis

I got mine to work on the 3rd reset by unplugging the Ethernet and downloading with a WiFi connection only. Someone else stated they had to do it like that also. Sounded strange but it worked for me also. Forgot to plug Ethernet back in and remote did not work until I realized I didn’t plug it back in. Good Luck, this was a stink bomb upgrade for sure.

Apple Tv App Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.