Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime

I bought new Iphone 11 pro. I have problem with FaceTime. When I want to call Audio button is grey. Video is active. I can call with only Video call.

How I can fix this?

Thanks

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 10:08 AM

Thanks for letting us know where you purchased your iPhone, according to Apple, ‘FaceTime Audio is not supported in China mainland.’ So depending on your current location, this could be related to why this is happening. You can read more about this here:

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in Asia-Pacific

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2019 10:08 AM in response to ffrombaku

Thanks for letting us know where you purchased your iPhone, according to Apple, ‘FaceTime Audio is not supported in China mainland.’ So depending on your current location, this could be related to why this is happening. You can read more about this here:

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in Asia-Pacific

Take care.

Oct 19, 2019 10:51 AM in response to ffrombaku

Hey there ffrombaku,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues making audio calls over FaceTime. I’ll be happy to help with this.

To isolate the issue, can you still make normal calls, record audio with Voice Memos, and use Siri without any issues? If not, the issue could be with your microphone. In this instance, this link could help:

If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working

FaceTime and FaceTime audio calling may not be available in all regions. Go through the steps in this link to help you identify if you can use FaceTime audio calls in your area, as well as other tips to help resolve the issues you’re reporting:

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue continues after taking these steps, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support using the following link to continue to look into this with you:

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers 

FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.