Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import to Camera Roll?

Hey all,
I created an intro video I would like to attach to my videos before I upload them to iTunes, I understand the iMovie for the iPhone only see videos that are on the camera roll. Is there a way to import a video TO the camera roll?

Thanks.

4, iOS 4

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 1:08 PM

60 replies

Jul 7, 2017 4:58 AM in response to ScOttRa

First, send the movie file in attachment to someone who using android phone by email then after they receive ur mail download the movie file then save it to Dropbox. Open the Dropbox app click to download the movie file again. After done send it through to ur wechat or WhatsApp. Wait it to load then in awhile u will receive the video at ur wechat or WhatsApp. Download the video and save it to ur camera roll. That's it! =)

Feb 20, 2017 8:53 PM in response to ScOttRa

i'm the lucky one who lucked out on this one the first time off the bat. if anyone asks. i bought a flashdrive with a lightning port line out called verbatim. put videos on the computer and then to the computer flash drive. then load them from the flashdrive onto the phone. works for me! haha. seems way nicer than emailing each one or whatever. i'm gaming on xbox one and performing the given information now, again

Mar 22, 2017 5:20 AM in response to ScOttRa

Hey, I have finally founded a solution for this but by my method you can only see your video in IMovie.

1) Connect your idevice to your computer.

2) Then open the ITunes app.

3) Select apps.

4) Select IMOVIE

5) Then just drag your video in IMovie section.

ON DEVICE

1) Keep your device connected with your computer.

2) Open IMOVIE app.

3) In the left-hand side you will see an icon.

4) Select it and select ITunes.

5) Just click on your video and it's done!

THANKS

Jul 17, 2010 9:01 AM in response to ScOttRa

Yes.

With Windows PC: You can drag and drop by opening my computer and then double-clicking on the iphone icon. This will give you the contents of the camera roll on your pc. Just drag to the camera roll from your pc desktop.

For mac, I assume you can do a similar thing with Finder on a mac. But I could be wrong.

Aug 8, 2010 1:27 PM in response to red555

Ok, with the help of someone on another forum, I found a solution.

Check the "include videos" option in the Photos tab.
Drop a file or files into the Movies area in iTunes.
Do a sync

Voila! The videos show in iMovie, so you can now edit them.

I did notice that they DON'T show in the Camera roll, and they also DON'T show up in the iPod area for viewing, nor do they show up when you view the iPhone 4 files in windows explorer.

However, they are now editable in iMovie!!

Win

Sep 7, 2010 12:55 AM in response to winman42

Your workflow does not work for me. I have the include videos option checked, I copy the file in question to the movies ares of the Itunes , the copy the icon to the iphone icon and a sync is done and nothing shows up in imovie. What type of video file were you using? I have trancoded to an .m4v H264 480x270 at 25fps. I don't know if imovie does 25fps?

Mar 15, 2012 6:19 PM in response to winman42

Not like, LUV! This works for me. iPhone 4 (iOS5.1), MacBook 10.6.8.iTunes 10.6. Saved my butt with an upside-down clip on a deadline - flipped in QuickTime Player 7 Pro (still have that remember?) on MacBook.

To play it safe I did a rename to img_9000.mov (bogus number.)

Imported to "Films" in iTunes, clicked its box.

In "Summary/Options" checked sync only ticked songs and videos...

In photos clicked "Include Videos", applied, then synced (via cable - dunno about cloud)

There it was when I relaunched iMovie on my phone...

Message was edited by: teharatats

Mar 16, 2012 12:51 PM in response to teharatats

...Saved my butt with an upside-down clip on a deadline - flipped in QuickTime Player 7 Pro (still have that remember?) on MacBook.

You can rotate video in iMovie iOS.

Use the two finger twist:

Rotate a video clip

Imported to "Films" in iTunes, clicked its box.

iMocie iOS will not see videos in the 'movies' or TV shows area of itunes/iPhone.

You need to put it in the Photos tab / import.

In "Summary/Options" checked sync only ticked songs and videos...

That has nothing to do with Photo / Album Sync.

Glad it worked for you, but pulling out a year old discussion and answering it wrong is a tad odd.

Import to Camera Roll?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.