Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to complete document scan to FineReader

Using an old but well functioning Epson Perfection V30 (fully updated software) and scanning to Image Capture I have no trouble. When I attempt to scan to ABBYY's FineReader (it is fully updated) this message consistently appears "(com.apple.imagecapture error 4294967249)" and FineReader cannot complete the scan.

What can be done about this problem?

I am now on OS 10.15 using a MacBook Pro 13" 2017

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 8:22 AM

Before anyone wastes any time on this, . . . it dawned on this nitwit that I'd not yet restarted the MacBook Pro after all the updates I had done. Even when you know, you need to restart after an update is completed, you can still foolishly expect things to just work when you know they don't!

So, let it be said, restart the computer after each and every update before posting a question/complaint!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2019 8:22 AM in response to jordanfelk

Before anyone wastes any time on this, . . . it dawned on this nitwit that I'd not yet restarted the MacBook Pro after all the updates I had done. Even when you know, you need to restart after an update is completed, you can still foolishly expect things to just work when you know they don't!

So, let it be said, restart the computer after each and every update before posting a question/complaint!

Nov 22, 2019 5:56 AM in response to Cowtown Annie

I have had this same issue with two different HP office jet printers in my house, even after the two subsequent Catalina releases. I can access the scanner which is connected via CAT 6 from my iMac that is also CAT 6, but not from my MacBook Pro (wifi) or from my non-wifi iMac to a wireless connected office jet. Problem started with Catalina - have rebooted the router and checked the security logs on the router, don't see anything.

Nov 18, 2019 10:16 AM in response to jordanfelk

Hi! I have this same error and I have restarted my computer. My printer (HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdw) is working perfectly as it was prior to updating to the new operating system Catalina. Using HP Easy Scan, I can print from the automatic document feeder, but when I place a document on the glass of the printer, I receive the same message mentioned above (com.apple.imagecapture error 4294967249). Does anyone have a recommendation for me?

Unable to complete document scan to FineReader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.