Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Dark background

HELP! I finished downloading the MAC OS 10.15 Catalina but I don't know how to change the iTunes background from "white" to "dark". I cannot find the tab where to change the background.

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 4:26 PM

Hi rbfrank,

It sounds like you want to change to Light mode from Dark mode, and I want to help.

In macOS Catalina, you can change between Dark and Light appearance options in System Preferences > General.

Changing the appearance to Light for your Mac, will also change the Music app.

Good luck!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 4:26 PM in response to rbfrank

Hi rbfrank,

It sounds like you want to change to Light mode from Dark mode, and I want to help.

In macOS Catalina, you can change between Dark and Light appearance options in System Preferences > General.

Changing the appearance to Light for your Mac, will also change the Music app.

Good luck!

Oct 20, 2019 2:45 PM in response to rbfrank

Hi Richard,

It sounds like you're having trouble with your homepage, and I want to help.

If it's just the homepage that's not working correctly, you can set the homepage for Safari with these steps:

Change your homepage in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

If that doesn't solve the issue, or you suspect there is some sort of installed malware, you can try running the free version of Malware Bytes:

Download Malwarebytes for Mac | Malwarebytes

After using it, you can remove Malwarebytes with the steps here:

Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac | Official Malwarebytes Support

Good luck.

Oct 20, 2019 1:37 PM in response to chris_g1

Thank you Chris. I need some more help: After downloading Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, all of a sudden I open Safari and a "new" tab appears over my programmed tab [Google] and the bookmark is called something like: "Search.hpackage-manager.net" which I have no idea how it got there, or who put it there, or how to get rid of it. I don't want it?

Now, when I scroll down on said page, at the bottom it says UNINSTALL, which I click and it sends me to another set of instructions to go into the Preferences of Safari and to Extensions, and there I'll see it and I can remove it. Wait ...... There is nothing there! I cannot remove it. Where is that extension so I can remove it. HELP me please! Thanks, Richard

Oct 20, 2019 8:59 PM in response to cp from OH

Thanks. I'll go with your first suggestion. It's straight forward and simple and should do the trick.

I also went ahead and downloaded [but did not install] as yet the "Malwarebytes". I don't know why; I'm just not confortable with the app. Notwithstanding, I'll give it a try if the first one does not work. Thanks for helping me out. Richard

Oct 23, 2019 2:01 PM in response to cp from OH

Hi and good afternoon. I am still having trouble getting rid of this app. Let me try to explain in the best way I can and perhaps you can provide ideas on how to remove the app that was loaded when (or after) I had downloaded CATALINA.

1- I do not keep Safari open all the time, only when I want to use it;

2- When my computer goes to “sleep” and Safari is closed, the only app running is MAIL; all my mail is thru Google Mail.

3- When I receive MAIL, the computer “wakes up” and for some strange behavior, SAFARI opens and comes alive and loads up "new" tab appears over my programmed tab [Google] and the URL is called something like: "Search.hpackage-manager.net" . Why? I have no idea.  I have done what you suggested but it does not solve the issue

4- SAFARI does not have hpackage-manager.net ("Search.hpackage-manager.net") in its extensions!  The reason why is because Apple/Safari use Google Safe Browsing as a means to control and handle security extensions

***** I do NOT use Google Chrome so I have no way to go into their “extensions” and eliminate this app. I don’t know what to do. I am frustrated because I have not requested this app and I cannot get rid of it.

I really would like your help.

Thanks,

Richard

Oct 23, 2019 2:07 PM in response to rbfrank

I want to copy what the application owner is telling me. (By the way, they are from Cypres so I do not feel confortable at all with what they are saying.

Dear user

Thank you for your email. Here are detailed uninstall instructions:

http://remove.polaritytechnologies.com/RemoveExtension

If you would like to remove your notification subscription, you can follow the instructions below, based on the browser you used to sign up. I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR THIS!

Google Chrome (Desktop, Android or iPhone & iPad):

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3220216?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/push-notifications-firefox#w_how-do-i-revoke-web-push-permissions-for-a-specific-site

If you need any additional support, please visit http://pushible.com/home/remove and send a request to be removed from the system.

Thank you

Polarity Technologies Ltd

iTunes Dark background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.