Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone11 types everything I say

Actually this is for hubby’s iPhone 11. It types everything we say when he is trying to text or even when he starts to enter a phone number it will start typing everything we are saying. I have the same kind of phone but mine doesn’t do this. We have checked settings but can’t figure it out.

thanks for any help

iconmae

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 11:56 AM

Hey there Iconmae,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand your husband’s iPhone is using the Dictation feature unexpectedly. I’ll be happy to help with this.

What you’re describing sounds like the Dictation feature as seen here:

Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Go to Settings > General > Keyboards and turn off Enable Dictation. Restart his iPhone and see if the issue returns:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that doesn’t help, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn that off to ensure this isn’t related to some device that is connected there. 

If the issue continues, back up his iPhone and restore his iPhone to factory settings using the steps from these links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

See if the issue returns. If it doesn’t restore the backup to his iPhone and test once more:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Cheers 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2019 11:56 AM in response to Iconmae

Hey there Iconmae,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand your husband’s iPhone is using the Dictation feature unexpectedly. I’ll be happy to help with this.

What you’re describing sounds like the Dictation feature as seen here:

Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Go to Settings > General > Keyboards and turn off Enable Dictation. Restart his iPhone and see if the issue returns:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that doesn’t help, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn that off to ensure this isn’t related to some device that is connected there. 

If the issue continues, back up his iPhone and restore his iPhone to factory settings using the steps from these links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

See if the issue returns. If it doesn’t restore the backup to his iPhone and test once more:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Cheers 

Iphone11 types everything I say

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.