Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.1.2 CarPlay Bugs - Siri won't read back to me any composed messages anymore

I recently upgraded to iOS 13.1.2 (from 13.1) and CarPlay is now misbehaving in 2 ways:

1. when I go to compose a message via Siri, it no longer reads the message back to me. After speaking my message Siri just says "here's your message, ready to send it?". This means I have to assume that what I said is right be for it gets sent. It won't read me what I just said anymore, which is one of the key features of CarPlay in that I don't have to use my phone to compose, check and send a message. Annoying.
  2. when a new message comes in it WILL read it out loud ok, but as soon as its finished doing that Siri will immediately say something like "something's gone wrong, please try again later" or "uh-oh something's gone wrong" when it used to say "want to reply?". So now I have to manually press the reply button on the CarPlay interface to compose a reply, which as per item 1 above it now won't read back to me either...

I am using an iPhone XS and the vehicle is a Mini Countryman (current spec).

Hope someone can shed some light on this, or do I just need to wait for another iOS update...?

Thanks.

PC

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 1:52 AM

ok - iOS 13.1.3 has fixed both of the above issues. Yay.

Similar questions

1 reply

iOS 13.1.2 CarPlay Bugs - Siri won't read back to me any composed messages anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.