Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina's Music.app ignores the "create-filenames-with-tracknumber" hidden setting

Catalina's Music.app seems to completely ignore the "create-filenames-with-tracknumber: false" hidden setting for organising and consolidating library.

Any time I play a song, without an unforeseeable logic, Music.app renames the track "TrackName.m4a" to "01 TrackName.m4a", for example.

This is causing big problems because, as a DJ, my live stage software is referencing nearly all tracks without track number in front.

Please note: this is not at all related with the lack of iTunes Library.XML file that is also causing problems to DJs.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 6:06 PM

It turned out that only the songs I played before setting the hidden flag (I moved the library from an older Mac) kept at auto-renaming. Removing and rewriting track number, after the flag was set, solved the problem.

So it seems that the flag is not ignored.

Similar questions

11 replies

Oct 18, 2019 1:02 PM in response to turingtest2

If you look at Music, you can easily understand that it's just iTunes with something stripped out.

Anyway, it does consider that setting, when download the song from iCloud.

Then, something random happens that ignore the setting.

As far as I know, it was an "import setting" in iTunes versions < 8.

Than it was maintained as an hidden setting, along with "create-filenames-with-discnumber".

An official documentation never existed for that param, neither in iTunes, nor in Music.

Catalina's Music.app ignores the "create-filenames-with-tracknumber" hidden setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.