Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time not working

I used to be able to set screen time limits for my daughter and shut her down at a certain time and since the latest iOS updates none of it works. I DO have limits in there, but she can log into anything she likes by just clicking ignore limit. She used to have to ask for extra time, etc, but that doesn’t happen anymore so she can basically do anything she likes - including being able to make in app purchases even though they are blocked.

How do I fix this?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 6:20 AM

I was actually only talking about iPhones and iPads - not PC’s or Mac’s at all. My daughter’s account is controlled under family sharing, so we figured if we logged both our Apple ID’s out, that might fix it. It appears to have done so, but I can’t be sure that is what did it, or it just started working again, as I don’t know why it stopped working in the first place.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2019 6:20 AM in response to ManSinha

I was actually only talking about iPhones and iPads - not PC’s or Mac’s at all. My daughter’s account is controlled under family sharing, so we figured if we logged both our Apple ID’s out, that might fix it. It appears to have done so, but I can’t be sure that is what did it, or it just started working again, as I don’t know why it stopped working in the first place.

Oct 14, 2019 8:14 PM in response to Johnny1968

I have the same limits for my child and screen time works fine (just got asked for extra time for a calculator app) - so it is probably not a systemic issue

That said I would try the following steps

1. Force restart the phone - if that does not resolve the problem
  2. Go into screen time on the child device and change the screen time (restrictions) password and re-set the limits anew - I know this is a bit of a headache but it may "take" with it being done once over

Please let us know how this turns out

Oct 14, 2019 8:19 PM in response to ManSinha

1 - did not work.

2 - also did not work.

also -

3 - turned off restrictions and turned back on and reset them all on my phone and hers - did not work.

4 - checked operating systems were up to date - yes they were.

I think the last thing I did was to log her out of iTunes and log myself out of iTunes and then logged back in again for both accounts, and somehow it started working again.

So, I am assuming that is what worked, but we shall see if the restrictions and screen time, etc, stays working or not - very strange indeed.

Screen time not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.