Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ReSound Hearing Aid problems with IOS 13.1.2

I have been having problems with my hearing aid interface with the IOS 13 software and even the latest updates. Is anyone else having such problems?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 5:13 PM

Yes, trying to help my dad after his iPhone 6 auto downloaded iOS 13. I have added the new iOS 13 update for him, but when he gets a phone call it still does not connect to the hearing aids.

Not sure if it’s something ReSound needs to address with the app, or if Apple just can’t get things right with the new iOS. Either way the people who need the tech the most are left in the dark with no answers to their problems.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2019 5:13 PM in response to jdsanamp

Yes, trying to help my dad after his iPhone 6 auto downloaded iOS 13. I have added the new iOS 13 update for him, but when he gets a phone call it still does not connect to the hearing aids.

Not sure if it’s something ReSound needs to address with the app, or if Apple just can’t get things right with the new iOS. Either way the people who need the tech the most are left in the dark with no answers to their problems.

Oct 18, 2019 10:33 AM in response to jdsanamp

I'm having lots of trouble. Volume goes from high to low/mute at random. Driving me crazy. Have tried rebooting hearing aids. Uninstalled and reinstalled Resound app. Tried using without bluetooth/phone. Tried with/without multi mic. Nothing seems to alter the problems. I note that after a phone call the volume is good for a while ... until it starts changing at random again. I've actually had to take out my hearing aids because when it's low/muted I can actually hear better with nothing in my ears. What's wrong with this picture?

Nov 10, 2019 8:31 PM in response to clark195

I was having the same problem. It may be condensation in your earmold tubing. Loud sounds can cause moisture to condense in the tubing and muffle the volume. Try disconnecting the earmold tubing from the aid (I assume you have a behind the ear aid), then use a bulb syringe to blow air through it. Check the tubing to see if there’s a buildup of something inside it. I used a disposable plastic dental brush pick to clean it.

I am still not getting audible notifications since the update to OS13, but at least the sound isn’t cutting out during phone calls or regular listening since I cleaned the tubing. I did reinstall the Resound Smart app and pair my aids with the phone again but that didn’t fix the intermittent muffled sound.

ReSound Hearing Aid problems with IOS 13.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.