Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hearing aid

Is anyone else having connection issues with the newest updates in iOS. I am on 14.8.1 and since the upgrade last week I am either unable to connect without several restarts or lose the ability to connect. My Oticon opn s1 hearing aids do show up under under accessibility but won’t connect automatically. I cannot connect to the Oticon app at all

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 9:15 AM

7 replies

Nov 18, 2021 6:26 AM in response to Shermanmi

This is kind of a silly answer.

There is not a way to repair Bluetooth as it is built into the extremely complicated and expensive device. reading my post you would know that these devices were "made of iPhone devices" and you would know that they worked fine prior to the 14.8.1 upgrade.

This issue turned out to be iOS version 14.8.1.

I have subsequently upgraded to iOS 15 and the problem has resolved itself.

Nov 20, 2021 6:16 AM in response to Shermanmi

I had the same problem and called Oticon's connection help line at 855-400-9766, and they talked me through a long process of turning off bluetooth, opening battery doors, restarting phone, deleting pairing, etc. After several iterations, she said it looked like I would have to take it in and have my aids reset, But we tried the whole thing one more time and it worked. So if this happens again, try it out. Good luck.

Nov 24, 2021 3:52 PM in response to Shermanmi

I was having problems with this also. I changed the batteries in my hearing aids; turned blue tooth off, then on, unpaired, etc. Still nothing. So then I decided to look at my other apple devices -- an old iPhone that is wifi only now and an iPad -- had blue tooth selected on both and didn't realized it. Turned off bluetooth on those devices and worked fine on my iPhone. So if you have multiple apple devices you might want to double check that.

Hearing aid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.