Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 and miniRITE 500 hearing aids

Since the iOS16 update my hearing aids simply do not remain connected to the iPhone 13. I have to reboot my hearing aids to reconnect. Pffft...this is annoying. I depend on the transmission of voices and media to my hearing devices - Question: Is anyone else having connectivity issues - anyone know a workaround??

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 9:15 AM

I had the same issues you describe after updating to iOS 16. It took a firmware update from Oticon to correct the problem. My audiologist updated my Oticon More S1 to firmware 1.4.1 and have not had any additional issues. I crossed my fingers when I updated to iOS 16.2 but everything is still fine. Talk to your audiologist about the firmware updates. I am not positive but I think there was an update for Oticon Opn as well.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 9:15 AM in response to CollardGreens

I had the same issues you describe after updating to iOS 16. It took a firmware update from Oticon to correct the problem. My audiologist updated my Oticon More S1 to firmware 1.4.1 and have not had any additional issues. I crossed my fingers when I updated to iOS 16.2 but everything is still fine. Talk to your audiologist about the firmware updates. I am not positive but I think there was an update for Oticon Opn as well.

Jan 2, 2023 9:04 AM in response to rgilbert

Yes - correct. I have noticed that the app that controls features of the hearing aid (TV/volume/L-vs-R ear etc.) are functional and the accessibility controls within iOS 16 all function correctly. It is in the media (streaming/ phone calls/ ring tones/ sms tones etc) passthrough to hearing aids that the disconnect occurs. I have to "reboot" my hearing aids in close proximity to phone to get reconnected. Sometimes only one ear disconnects. It is only when I have distanced myself from phone that the disconnect occurs.

What experience have you had? Thanks for taking the time to respond. My sense of it is that enough people will complain and there will be a bug release of iOS 16 to correct the hiccups. What say you?

Jan 11, 2023 6:47 AM in response to CollardGreens

I use the following

Oticon More 2 miniRite

IPhone 12 mini

IOS 16.2

and I have the same intermittent failures

Just received a software upgrade IN the hearing aids

Also just received Ios 16.2

Obviously it is impossible to find out for me if Apple or Oticon is the failing party. It sure diminishes the advantages of modern equipment.

Tried many work-around tricks.

Non solved the problem

Peter

Jan 15, 2023 2:19 PM in response to cc_h237

I understand just how frustrating it is to pair and keep your hearing aids paired with your iPhone. Have you tried reaching out to Oticon directly? Here is a number you can call:

For support with your Oticon hearing aid wireless connections or the ON app, call us

at 1.855.400.9766. For optimal assistance, please have your hearing aid model and serial numbers available.

Jan 16, 2023 12:33 AM in response to rgilbert

Through trial and error I have the following:

1 - The phone and aides connect at startup of hearing aide > all is normal

2 - IF you set the phone down and walk off past the bluetooth range the disconnect occurs

3 - Upon return to proximity of phone the connection is restored perfectly for control of the hearing aide - volume and program. This works and reconnects after separation - no problems

4 - The iPhone has a channel for streaming - or listening compatible device...THIS is the communication path that DOES NOT restore after a phone/aide separation.

So in summary the disconnect is in the listening / streaming communication path but NOT in the control channel. I cannot tell if it is the iOS update that caused the problem OR if the firmware update (at the same time) to the hearing aides is at fault. I can reconnect easily by rebooting the hearing aides when in proximity to the phone. Oddly enough sometimes only one ear reconnects but there we are. Frustrating at the least.

iOS 16 and miniRITE 500 hearing aids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.