Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Hearing Aid conectivity

I updated to IOS 17.0.3 yesterday and now I can not get my Iphone 14 to remain connected to my hearing aids, the minute I close the settings screen the hearing aids disconnect.

I tried turning off Bluetooth and disabling bluetooth in privacy & Security, then truned off the phone for a minute. I then restarted the phone, turned on Bluetooth and renabled bluetooth in privacy & settings, then reconnected the hearing aids without a problem, then I closed the Settings Screen and hey presto the hearing aids disconnected again. This has only been heappening since I upgraded yesterday, I only got the hearing aids on Monday.

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 7:33 PM

I rang apple yesterday the girl was fantastic, as it turned out the problem was either an ID10T or a PEBCAC (Problem Exists Between Chair And Computer) error.

It turned out there were 3 entries for the hearing aids 1 said R-Specsavers hearing aid the other 2 said LH-L & LH-R- specsavers etc, I assumed that because there were 2 hearing aids I needed to choose LH-L and LH-R for phone calls and the other entry was for the app.  There was a problem with the app connectivity and not connectivity to the hearing aids I reset all settings and the problem was resolved.

If you get a new set of hearing aids which are connected to your phone, go into settings and have a look at which is connected, that is most likely for the hearing aids, I renamed the hearing aid entry for the phone to Hearing Aids.

Sometime my backward logic causes me problems but I have learned to live with it after nearly 69 years.

- Phone

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 7:33 PM in response to Cosmic Rhapsody

I rang apple yesterday the girl was fantastic, as it turned out the problem was either an ID10T or a PEBCAC (Problem Exists Between Chair And Computer) error.

It turned out there were 3 entries for the hearing aids 1 said R-Specsavers hearing aid the other 2 said LH-L & LH-R- specsavers etc, I assumed that because there were 2 hearing aids I needed to choose LH-L and LH-R for phone calls and the other entry was for the app.  There was a problem with the app connectivity and not connectivity to the hearing aids I reset all settings and the problem was resolved.

If you get a new set of hearing aids which are connected to your phone, go into settings and have a look at which is connected, that is most likely for the hearing aids, I renamed the hearing aid entry for the phone to Hearing Aids.

Sometime my backward logic causes me problems but I have learned to live with it after nearly 69 years.

- Phone

Oct 9, 2023 12:09 PM in response to Cosmic Rhapsody

Hello Cosmic Rhapsody,  

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.  

Please be sure to follow these instructions when setting up your hearing aids for the first time: Use hearing devices with iPhone.

Are your hearing aids compatible with iPhone? The device should have a "Made for iPhone" label attached if so.

If you notice any type of connection issues after you connect your device, this next article can help you troubleshoot the issue: If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone or iPad

Please reply back if you need more help.

Cheers!

Hearing Aid conectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.