Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 16 upgrade can't connect Starkey hearing aids

Since upgrading iPhone XR to iOS16 today (from 15.7) I can no longer pair my Starkey Evolv 2400 hearing aids, which were pairing fine minutes before the upgrade.

Restarting iPhone and Hearing Aids multiple times has no effect.

Unpairing / forget this device has not fixed it.

Now on Settings>Accessibility>Hearing devices>MFI Hearing Devices I just get "Searching…" and endlessly spinning wheel

Thrive app opens but cannot find the hearing aids any longer.

Not sure what to do since restarting the aids (using the charger) has done nothing.

Anyone else having similar issues?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 9:34 AM

Multiple attempts to pair your hearing aids without success, then it is time to do a Reset Network Settings. Bluetooth needs a reset. Here is a link with the instructions, but only do Reset Network Settings:

Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support

4 replies

Nov 7, 2022 11:15 PM in response to davidjmlewis

Me too since I upgraded my iPhone 12 pro to the IOS 16.1. Starkey engineers tell me they're working on a fix with the Apple folks. This was as of October 2022. Still waiting. They did tell me about the quick connection to basic settings outside of Thrive. Tap the right side control bar three times quickly, and a basic settings widow appears. With this, we dont have to open Thrive for basic settings. They also recommend removing previously opened pages regularly as letting too many build up can have a negative effect on Thrive functions.

ios 16 upgrade can't connect Starkey hearing aids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.