Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frequent Disk Not Ejected Message - Catalina

Hi Guys,

After installing Catalina I have noticed that if a removable HD is connected to my Mac and it goes to sleep, when the system wakes up, I will be presented with the pop-up "Disk Not Ejected Properly".

Is anyone else having this?

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 2:33 PM

Hello Brallen01! 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that since updating to macOS Catalina you’ve been receiving a message that the external hard drive is not ejected properly. 

First, check and see if you’ve installed the supplemental update to macOS Catalina which was released. Once it’s been installed, see if the message still occurs. If it does, test in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

Put the Mac to sleep as you normally would in the new user and see if the same thing occurs. 

Let us know the results!

I hope this is helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2019 2:33 PM in response to Brallen01

Hello Brallen01! 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that since updating to macOS Catalina you’ve been receiving a message that the external hard drive is not ejected properly. 

First, check and see if you’ve installed the supplemental update to macOS Catalina which was released. Once it’s been installed, see if the message still occurs. If it does, test in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

Put the Mac to sleep as you normally would in the new user and see if the same thing occurs. 

Let us know the results!

I hope this is helpful.

Frequent Disk Not Ejected Message - Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.