Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac OS Catalina

Installing Catalina was sorta OK. The update today which I guess would be 10.15.1 was a problem. Download fine (no surprise). Install hung up, stopped early. Powered off, rebooted to original, tried again, same issue. I have not now updated and will not until this is fixed. I 'chatted' and reported to customer service, hope the message will get through. Expecting customer service to 'fix it' made little sense, simply an avenue to report. Please amplify. Thanks for reading.

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 6:29 PM

After about 2-3 hours (indefinite because I left) it completed. The baffling aspect is the progress never moved over the first 30 minutes or so. May be my imagination but seemed to move backward. When I searched initially there wasn't a thread on this. Searching to log back in I saw this has been a problem with Catalina for days, and one individual said he called and Apple was aware. Your counsel for patience was good. Thank you.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2019 6:29 PM in response to dialabrain

After about 2-3 hours (indefinite because I left) it completed. The baffling aspect is the progress never moved over the first 30 minutes or so. May be my imagination but seemed to move backward. When I searched initially there wasn't a thread on this. Searching to log back in I saw this has been a problem with Catalina for days, and one individual said he called and Apple was aware. Your counsel for patience was good. Thank you.

Oct 15, 2019 4:12 PM in response to dialabrain

OK. We're on 10.15. I assumed the update was 10.15.1, never saw this listed. I downloaded the update which required a reboot. On the reboot the install stopped early, at least 10 minutes passing with no progress. I shut down, rebooted into the non-updated system, tried again. Same result.

iMail saves previous recipients which you can see in Window/Previous Recipients. I have never saved contact details on everyone whom I might wish to e mail ... doctors' nurses, casual contacts, vendor contacts ... choosing not to clutter my Contacts. I've now lost these with Catalina. This part has nothing to do with the update, merely noted it.

mac OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.