Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch and wheelchair users

I am wonder if anyone is using the Apple watch to track wheelchair activity? I am a wheelchair user with a Samsung gear S3 and they have yet to develop anything that track that. Also wondering is the Apple watch would work with my Android phone or if I'd need to switch to iPhone?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 6:56 AM

I cannot comment on the activity aspect of your question as I've not seen it used or discussed. I'm sure someone else will pipe in.

But as to Android or iPhone, you would need an iPhone to get the watch to work. It will not work with an Android.

3 replies

Oct 16, 2019 7:11 AM in response to cjotoole

Yes the apple watch does track wheelchair activity, there are 2 wheelchair workout types in the activity app one for wheelchair at walking speed and one for wheelchair at running speed, I'm not a wheelchair user myself but my neighbour is and they workout every day and they love the incentive the watch gives them to get out every day and earn some badges.

Apple watch and wheelchair users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.