Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro with older chargers

I recently got the 11 pro, it comes with the new charger, I am wondering if I use the old charging cord if it will harm my new phone in any way? I can't seem to find any info on this, I know if using a off brand cord it can cause issues, but I didn't know if the old type charger and cord from Apple would cause any harm. Does anyone have information on this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 7:55 AM

Older 5 watt, 10watt and 12 watt apple chargers will not harm the iPhone in any way.

Do note however, that the charger packaged with the iPhone 11 Pro is a larger much faster charger than older ones, and uses a USB-C port. So old lightning to USB cables cannot be used with it. You need a Lightning to USB-C cable.

You can use an older charger just fine.

I use my iPad charger for my iPhone 11 Pro.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2019 7:55 AM in response to agirlandajeep

Older 5 watt, 10watt and 12 watt apple chargers will not harm the iPhone in any way.

Do note however, that the charger packaged with the iPhone 11 Pro is a larger much faster charger than older ones, and uses a USB-C port. So old lightning to USB cables cannot be used with it. You need a Lightning to USB-C cable.

You can use an older charger just fine.

I use my iPad charger for my iPhone 11 Pro.

iPhone 11 Pro with older chargers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.