Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Battery Life Drain and Overheating After Updating To iOS 13

Ever since I updated to iOS 13 and all subsequent updates, my phone has been overheating and the battery life has been draining faster than when it was on the latest version iOS 12.

• Battery life is now 1-3 hours.
  • Drains quickly even when not in use and all apps are closed.
  • No "temperature warning" displayed despite becoming hot to the touch.
  • Low Power Mode is ON.
  • Mail is on manual fetch.
  • Background App Refresh is OFF.
  • All apps are updated.
  • I have factory reset my phone and restored from an iTunes backup.
  • I have reset "All Settings" and "Network Settings".

None of these actions have helped with battery life or the overheating issue.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 10:24 AM

3 replies

Oct 22, 2019 12:19 PM in response to SamiaF

Hello SamiaF,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand since updating to iOS 13 and subsequent updates, you’ve experienced poor battery life and phone being hot to the touch. You have reset all settings, reset network settings, restored from and restored from iTunes backup, use low power mode, fetch mail rather than push, turn off background app refresh, and update all apps. I know how important it is to have your iPhone working as expected, so that you don’t miss any important calls or messages. I’m happy to help.

Please use the steps here to keep your iPhone within acceptable operating temperatures: Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Please go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Maximum Capacity. What percentage is shown there? Does it show that your iPhone battery is supporting normal peak performance? Here’s more information on battery performance: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Prior to restoring your iTunes backup, were you able to test your iPhone set up as new to see if the issues persist?

Take care.

iPhone 6s Battery Life Drain and Overheating After Updating To iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.