Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anybody know where to get the driver for the scanner CanoScan Lide 210 for Mac OS Catalina?

Hi, does anybody know where to get the driver for the scanner CanoScan Lide 210 for Mac OS Catalina? The old driver does no longer work. On the Canon website there is no driver available for Mac OS Catalina. Thanks for any advices or suggestions.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 1:44 PM

The updated Canon driver (9/22/2019) seems to be available for the LiDE 210, but you cannot leave the Operating System selection on "Mac OS X (Detected)". Instead, click on the small triangle next to that; scroll up; and choose "macOS Catalina v10.15". Then the driver should be listed. The file name that I see is "ICA Driver Ver.4.1.4a (Mac)". It downloaded and installed successfully, but did not solve my problem, so I'll be phoning Canon technical support when they are open (Mon-Fri, 8AM to 8PM Eastern). My scanner never did become unusable, but since upgrading to Catalina, MP Navigator will only do 1 series of preview/scan/save each time that I launch it. After I save a scan, the Open Scanner Driver button ignores being clicked on. Exiting the MP Navigator application will revive that button, and I can do another preview/scan/save. The extra step of exiting and re-opening MP Navigator after each scan gets old really quickly. I don't see a new version of MP Navigator for Catalina listed on Canon's site yet.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2019 1:44 PM in response to Marcozh74

The updated Canon driver (9/22/2019) seems to be available for the LiDE 210, but you cannot leave the Operating System selection on "Mac OS X (Detected)". Instead, click on the small triangle next to that; scroll up; and choose "macOS Catalina v10.15". Then the driver should be listed. The file name that I see is "ICA Driver Ver.4.1.4a (Mac)". It downloaded and installed successfully, but did not solve my problem, so I'll be phoning Canon technical support when they are open (Mon-Fri, 8AM to 8PM Eastern). My scanner never did become unusable, but since upgrading to Catalina, MP Navigator will only do 1 series of preview/scan/save each time that I launch it. After I save a scan, the Open Scanner Driver button ignores being clicked on. Exiting the MP Navigator application will revive that button, and I can do another preview/scan/save. The extra step of exiting and re-opening MP Navigator after each scan gets old really quickly. I don't see a new version of MP Navigator for Catalina listed on Canon's site yet.

Oct 21, 2019 3:00 PM in response to MidMoMike

Hi MidMoMike,

Thanks for your help. It worked :-) but I have the same problem as you, only 1 scan can be performed and then MP Navigator is no longer usable unless closed and restarted. Really annoying! So far on the canton website there is no new version of the MP Navigator, maybe they il upload it soon ... but in case not, it makes the scan of multiple pages a nightmare. Thinking back, it started with the Botton on the scanner that no longer worked at a previous update, now this limitation ... really bad. This is how to make money and how to waste things that are not to be thrown away yet.

If you find out anything to solve the issue, I would be glad to read you again. Thanks very much.

Oct 21, 2019 5:06 PM in response to Marcozh74

Hi Marcozh74,

I have a little more info today. I chatted online with a Canon help desk person. He hadn't been told any specific date yet, but he said that Canon's programmers are working on the next version of MP Navigator EX, which will be compatible with Mac OS Catalina. He guessed that the completion timeframe would be sooner rather than later, since it is currently being worked on. So, for the time being, all we can do is keep checking back on their site for that new version. For users who are unable to scan at all, Canon recommends the Mac OS built-in application, Image Capture, as an option to get by. Alas, that is a bare-bones application designed for being widely compatible, and not much else.

Does anybody know where to get the driver for the scanner CanoScan Lide 210 for Mac OS Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.