does Canon scanner lide 400 work with ventura 13.5?

I'm running Ventura 13.5 on a mac book pro and my lide 400 scanner stopped working. It doesn't recognize the scanner. I downloaded the newest driver and scan utility lite from the cannon site.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 2:08 PM

According to Canon's website, it should work under Ventura, as Ventura is listed in the MacOS drop down menu. Also, as per their website, it's AirPrint compatible.

You didn't say if you're trying to connect via USB or WiFi.

The first thing I'd try is deleting the scanner if it appears in System Settings-->Printers and Scanners. (But I'm assuming it won't appear here, as you mentioned Ventura isn't recognizing your scanner).

Then I'd see if there's an uninstaller for the driver and running it. If not, then simply going back to Canon's website Here and downloading the driver for it again. (Yes, corrupted downloaded files still happen on rare occasions). Install the driver as per Canon's installation instructions.

Then see if you can add the scanner via System Settings-->Printers and Scanners. Also see if you can launch Canon's scanner app in your Applications folder.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 2:08 PM in response to Paul22

According to Canon's website, it should work under Ventura, as Ventura is listed in the MacOS drop down menu. Also, as per their website, it's AirPrint compatible.

You didn't say if you're trying to connect via USB or WiFi.

The first thing I'd try is deleting the scanner if it appears in System Settings-->Printers and Scanners. (But I'm assuming it won't appear here, as you mentioned Ventura isn't recognizing your scanner).

Then I'd see if there's an uninstaller for the driver and running it. If not, then simply going back to Canon's website Here and downloading the driver for it again. (Yes, corrupted downloaded files still happen on rare occasions). Install the driver as per Canon's installation instructions.

Then see if you can add the scanner via System Settings-->Printers and Scanners. Also see if you can launch Canon's scanner app in your Applications folder.

Sep 4, 2023 4:17 PM in response to Paul22

Hi,

The Canon LiDE 400 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support under USB-only devices as a model that allows you to scan without having to install additional drivers.

I guess that you have tried restarting the MacBook Pro and re-connecting the scanner.

What happens if you try Apple's Image Capture?

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index/index?page=content&id=ART175508&pmv=print&impressions=false&viewlocale=en_US

Scan images in Image Capture on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

See also:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index/index?page=content&id=ART170876&pmv=print&impressions=false&viewlocale=en_US

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

Sep 5, 2023 2:57 AM in response to Paul22

Hi,

My scanner is Canon Lide 300 is connected via USB-C port replicator.

I have the similar issue, when I use Scan (from Printers and scanners) or Image Capture.

When I connect it, I hear a scanner motor, then scanner is preheating, and then prescanning is made - but always stuck at 1/4 of the page.

Printers and scanners

Image Capture

Sep 4, 2023 8:23 PM in response to MacMikeInOK

So I’m connected with a usb c connector. When I start my Mac book pro, I can hear my scanner initialize. When I try using image capture, my scanner is listed but in the overview window there is no image and when I click scan it says scanning page one but nothing is scanned it continues to show a blank capture screen

Sep 5, 2023 5:31 AM in response to Paul22

The Canon LiDE 400 scanner works with Ventura 13.5.1, though I decided to use my existing VueScan Professional with it instead of installing Canon's DVD contents. The scanner ships with a USB-A cable that will require a USB-C to USB-A adapter to plug into USB-C Macs, or no adapter into a Mac mini. If one has not slid the scanner transport (locking) switch on the bottom to the off position, the scanner will not enable the Preview or Scan buttons.

Otherwise, without the Canon software installed, connecting the scanner to Ventura will pop a dialog asking if you want to connect it, to which you say OK, and then you are good to go, at least with VueScan Professional. Whether the older Canon Software is compatible is another story.

does Canon scanner lide 400 work with ventura 13.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.