Canon R10 Scanner on my MacBook Air M2

CaptureOnTouch lite loads on my MacBook Air M2 but when scan button pressed, screen reads "cannot use driver", Canon Tech Support advised me that the current firmware R10 driver is not compatible with the Silicon M1/M2 chips and could not give a date when a Firmware Update would be available. The current 12/22 online download does not address problem.

Not really an Apple problem, so I've emailed Canon Admin VP and CEO/President requesting their assistance in moving correction along.

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 11:07 PM

papa157 Said:

"Canon R10 Scanner on my MacBook Air M2: [...]Canon Tech Support advised me that the current firmware R10 driver is not compatible with the Silicon M1/M2 chips and could not give a date when a Firmware Update would be available.[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Being told it is incompatible, it is just not going to work.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2023 11:07 PM in response to papa157

papa157 Said:

"Canon R10 Scanner on my MacBook Air M2: [...]Canon Tech Support advised me that the current firmware R10 driver is not compatible with the Silicon M1/M2 chips and could not give a date when a Firmware Update would be available.[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Being told it is incompatible, it is just not going to work.

Canon R10 Scanner on my MacBook Air M2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.