Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The latest iPad IOS update destroyed my email draft function!

What’s the deal, Apple? What’s happening to my draft emails?

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 3:45 PM

There is no Apple here in these user to user technical forum.

You can leave feedback here Product Feedback - Apple

9 replies

Oct 16, 2019 4:08 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

One used to be able to save draft emails by hitting the Cancel button, then selecting Save Draft. It could then be retrieved in the Drafts folder of the email account from which it was intended to be sent. It could be done from all email accounts accessed through the mail app. The new iPad update (13.1.3 (17A878)) changed that function. Now we are supposed to be able to save drafts in the same way, but retrieve them by holding down the write icon until a drop down menu appears from which we are supposed to see a list of saved drafts. Not only are no drafts showing up in the drop down menu, but nothing is being saved in the draft folders.

Hope this helps.

Oct 16, 2019 4:28 PM in response to t santora

Odd. Following update from iPadOS 13.1.2 to 13.1.3, my email works just as it did before. Drafts can be saved to the Drafts folder by tapping Cancel, then Save - and retrieved either directly from the Drafts folder, or by a long- touch of the new-mail icon.

Methinks you need to try a forced restart - delete/add the offending mailbox - or try an all-settings reset.

The latest iPad IOS update destroyed my email draft function!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.