Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari update 13.0.2

Earlier today I installed Safari update 13.0.2

Now it wants to install the update again. Should I update again or do I just ignore it ?

I have a MacBook Air 2013 running MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 8:16 AM

Don't ignore it. Run it.

Annoyingly Safari 13.0.2 was released again with the same version but a slightly new build number

To check:

Top menu bar: Safari->About Safari

Old: Version 13.0.2 (14608.2.40.1.2)

New: Version 13.0.2 (14608.2.40.1.3)

7 replies

Oct 18, 2019 4:52 AM in response to bfromlangley

To Joel Bruner1,

I understand that .....40.1.3 is different to the old version of Safari 13.0.2 but what I don't understand is 'what exactly is different'? You say it's a a new build number (in none IT technology jargon that could mean a new house built from the ground up where no house existed before - but I don't think that is what 'new build' in IT technology jargon means). So for a lay person could you explain in simple plain English what is different and why I should use this update, please? Is there some hole in the original build that makes it vulnerable to the bricks falling down because a rat (hacker or other) could potentially chew through the electric cables or get stuck in the soil pipe and risk the house being burnt to the ground or simply flooded with '*****' ?

Thank you

Oct 29, 2019 10:57 PM in response to Joel Bruner1

The new Version (13.0.2 (14608.2.40.1.3) is installed at my iMac (Mojave 10.14.6) and crashes when starting.

Error Message:

Process: Safari [599]

Path: /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari

Identifier: com.apple.Safari

Version: 13.0.2 (14608.2.40.1.3)

Build Info: WebBrowser-7608002040001003~2

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: ??? [1]

Responsible: Safari [599]

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4

Terminating Process: exc handler [599]

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, running initializers

/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Sandbox registration failed: The code signature is not valid: The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -67030.)

Application Specific Signatures:

Registration error: The code signature is not valid: The operation couldn’t b

Thus I mus write this answer using Firefox.

I hope that a corrected update of Safari will be available as soon as possible.

I did not update to Catalina until now since I heard from many users, where the update of Catalina destroied the Mac due to a faulty firmware update.

Nov 3, 2019 7:07 AM in response to Womac23

I'm not a heavy-duty IT person, but in simple terms, a 'build' is the process of compiling all the source code and linking it together to build a working application. Since the version numbers didn't change, that tells me that the programmers did NOT make any significant change to the code - probably just a small tweak to the build settings or something like that, and then re-ran the build process. This might have been something as simple as using a different security certificate to 'sign' the application when it's done. So two files with the same version numbers and the only difference is the build number are functionally identical - but the one with the higher build number was made more recently and probably has some minor tweak to the code somewhere that fixes a small bug or other kind of issue.

Safari update 13.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.