Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck with temp number for imessage

I changed from EE to GiffGaff, with original number 123, and giffgaff temporary number 456. I gave them my PAC code, and the number was changed over to 123 (giffgaff sent an email to confirm transition). But when i put the sim card into my iphone 6s, the primary number coming up on my apple id is 456 - the temp number no longer in service. I can send/receive calls and texts on 123, and not 456. I added the 123 original number to my apple id BUT imessage and facetime will only use 456. I have turned off imessage and facetime, removed the 456 number from apple id and turned the phone off/on. but when i turn imessage/facetime back on, the 456 takes over, when i need the 123 number! HELP!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 6:29 AM

Yes I did do that. The only way that I managed to get this sorted was to take the sim out, put the old EE sim back in, turn the phone off/on and then put the new sim back in! Bit of a nightmare to be honest, took a lot of googling and guessing. Thanks for the help

Similar questions

3 replies

Stuck with temp number for imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.