Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to deregister a number from i message and facetime no longer live

Hi

I switched to a new provider moving from iphone 7 to 2nd gen SE. So I carried my number over but had to wait for the PAC code and when setting up my new phone with new sim, waiting for my existing number to transfer from EE to Sky signed in with my apple id.

Now my number is switched, the temporary number is no longer live as it switched to my previous number. But my apple ID and facetime and imessage all setup with the temp number tjat this phone was.

i now can’t get my number to activate face time or iMessage and it just shows my temp 24hr number while the sim was porting my number over from previous network provider.

ive tried logging out, password changed when logged out of i message and facetime etc all to no avail. Can anyone help?

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 2:29 PM

You need to change the number on your Apple ID. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage    

1 reply

How to deregister a number from i message and facetime no longer live

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.