Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime pohone number setting

just moved network and took old number with me but now getting message for facetime only that my old number is expiring for facetime and new sim number in place on facetime setting. how dio i change thsi to my old number which is being used on phone

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 6:01 AM

Please follow these steps

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages to and Reply From" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

On your other devices, you can now turn on the phone number that you just set up:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 6:01 AM in response to mod1712

Please follow these steps

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages to and Reply From" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

On your other devices, you can now turn on the phone number that you just set up:

facetime pohone number setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.