Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image sharing bug on Whatsapp

Whenever I am trying to share images from photos to WhatsApp, the WhatsApp window is getting shut automatically without sharing.

Process taken as:

PHOTOS>select photos>share>WhatsApp (here WhatsApp window closes automatically)

However, when I am selecting the images from WhatsApp, I am able to do so.

Is it a software bug?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 7:39 AM

Hi guys,

I am facing the same issue on my iPhone 11 Pro Max even restarting, updating the IOS to 13.2 and updating Whatsapp app.

I’ve tested those steps in 2 different models (iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 11) and I was not able to reproduce this issue.

3 replies

Oct 23, 2019 8:09 AM in response to Varunthegemini

Hello Varunthegemini,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you’re unable to share a photo from Photos to WhatsApp because WhatsApp closes. I’m happy to help.

Let’s restart your iPhone using the steps here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Once your iPhone has fully restarted, are you able to share photos from the Photos app to WhatsApp? If not, please use the steps here to update apps: Update apps or use automatic downloads - Apple Support

Take care.

Image sharing bug on Whatsapp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.