Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After suggested fix, can't buy anything

SEE SCREEN SHOT BELOW

Developed a problem after moving from Chrome to MS Edge browser using I-tunes on my win7 HP desktop that can't be upgraded to Win10

After the fix

Original problem-won't play preview of song before I buy, but plays it after I buy it - So far have bought several songs that were re-recordings of originals I didn't want (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250740605)

The "downgrade" took it back from version 14 something - to version 12 something (and didn't solve the problem), but to my relief I still had all my tunes, but for some reason stopped being able to convert anything to the .wav format to burn to a car CD

MAIN PROBLEM

I just discovered 2 days ago that I could't buy anything new. See screen grab below

When I click Buy, it asks for my ID and password, accepts it, then says there's an unknown error and to try again later

Yesterday the same thing, so I tried to access my account in case maybe all the info didn't go through, but the same thing that happened as when I tried to buy something (see above). On top of that the buy option (red rectangle below) was grayed out.

Before I give up and use a different music service, I'm giving this one last shot.

---

I've tried Reinstalling version 12 and even using the upgrade option

Upgrading (can't find version 14 I originally had) but couldn't find it listed

Remote Desktop

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 8:26 AM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2019 9:02 AM in response to JetGardner

The current version of iTunes for Windows is 12.10.1.4. Communication issues with the iTunes store may be caused by malware or firewall/security/VPN software. Check for malware. Temporarily disable other software to test impact.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. Links to the most recent builds are now at the bottom of the page.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

After suggested fix, can't buy anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.