Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting audiobooks on ipod nano in Catalina

I have followed the [vague] instructions to use finder, however, my audiobooks won't sync. Or only one will sync. The next try a different one syncs. What are "Recordings" file in iPod when it shows as a external drive? I can add my audiobooks to Books, but no luck adding to iPod. HELP!

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 11:13 AM

3 replies

Oct 23, 2019 12:40 PM in response to ktechmom

Hello ktechmom,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you’ve tried using Finder to sync audiobooks to your iPod but only one will sync. You are able to add the audiobooks to the Books app. I’m happy to help.

Where did you purchase the audiobooks? What error message, if any, do you receive when trying to sync audiobooks to your iPod? Is this the first time that you’ve tried to sync them?

If you received an error trying to sync your audiobooks, please see: Find an iTunes or the Finder error code - Apple Support

Take care.

Nov 5, 2019 7:04 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hello alex_h1. I am having a similar problem. I purchased my audiobooks from Audible.com. When I am trying to sync, the message pops up, "Some Audible files were not copied to the iPod “PowerUser’s iPod” because you are not authorized to play them on this Mac." I have re-authorized my account, restarted, etc. and I get the same message.

Warm Regards,

Joseph

Nov 7, 2019 3:35 AM in response to ktechmom

I had to de-authorise all of my devices then re-authorise... Then I had to restore the devices, in some cases it took more than 2 attempts...

They all now work, but beware - both my shuffle and nano's now cannot navigate the audiobook chapters using the skip button, on the nano it just goes to the previous or next book and on the nano I now have to navigate the books using the scroll wheel.

Getting audiobooks on ipod nano in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.