Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina: How to disable iCloud?

Since upgrading to Catalina, my System Preferences icon has had a red notification badge on it. On launching System Preferences, it is prompting me to enter my Apple ID and password so that it can set up iCloud. I do not want to use iCloud, and I do not want to enter my Apple ID. How can I disable this so that the notification badge goes away?

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 3:45 AM

Ok, I've managed to do it by actually enabling it, logging in, then accept Terms & Conditions. Go to iCloud and untick all the folders for syncing. Go to internet accounts and simply select iCloud account and delete it by pressing - at the bottom. Now notification is gone and iCloud account is deleted.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2019 3:45 AM in response to toutonic

Ok, I've managed to do it by actually enabling it, logging in, then accept Terms & Conditions. Go to iCloud and untick all the folders for syncing. Go to internet accounts and simply select iCloud account and delete it by pressing - at the bottom. Now notification is gone and iCloud account is deleted.

Dec 13, 2019 12:06 PM in response to toutonic

How dare us to "think different" right? What kind of crazy person doesn't want to accept terms of use to decline terms of use?

Thanks to @knightstac https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250759804?answerId=251512034022#251512034022

Do the first line in terminal, then do the second to kill the dock/finder, and it's gone. Still begging me to login on half the window though.

Oct 19, 2019 2:15 AM in response to toutonic

Beside that ICloud notification, I would really like to know, how can i uninstall all the ballast apps that i don't need, neither will use, like iCloud, Podcasts, aTV, facetime, screen time and many more ...

Is there a way to completely remove them from disk. Why do I have to use disk space for things I don't need.?

Catalina: How to disable iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.